Welcome to the home of Personalised Wealth Management and Financial Planning
Estate planning is a process of foreseeing and arranging, during one’s life, the most efficient and utmost tax efficient manner of disposal of one’s estate.
Estate planning can be used as a mechanism for reducing the administrative burden on the disposal, of the estate, as well as maximising the value of the estate by reducing both expenses and taxes.
We at Capitalise wealth management realise everyone’s goals are different and we take the greatest care to tailor a solution that suits both the needs for you and for your immediate family.
Estate planning should:
- Minimize taxes, unnecessary legal fees, and provide a soundboard of how the estate must be dealt with in the event of something going awry.
- Cover requests like the guardianship of minors
- Include life insurance to provide for your family in the event of your death, or should you be diagnosed with a life threatening illness or disability income.
- Include instructions for your care if you become disabled before you die.
- Provide for the transfer of your business at your retirement, diagnosis of a severe illness, and on disability or death.
- Be a continuous process, not a once off
Questions and answers:
Is Estate planning only for certain people?
No, it is for everyone, not just for wealthy and/or retired people, although people tend to think about it more as they get older. Unfortunately, we can’t successfully predict how long we will live, and illness, disabilities, and accidents happen to people of all ages
Is Estate planning expensive?
If you can’t afford a complicated estate plan now, start with what you can afford. For young families or single people, it should start with a will, life insurance of some sort and health decisions like organ donation etc. Then, let your planning develop and expand as needs change and your financial situation improves. Don’t try to do this yourself to save money. An experienced attorney will be able to provide critical guidance and peace of mind that your documents are prepared properly.
Am I too late to plan?
No, but bear in mind you want structures to be in place prior to any of the unfortunate events that may occur. Don’t wait. You can always put something in place now and change it later, which is exactly why estate planning is imperative.
Contact Capitalise Wealth Management today to get your plan on track…